Monday, January 11, 2010

How often do you wash your bras?

So, I get an email once a week from Slate Magazine on an article called Dear Prudence. Prudence is a psychologist (or somethin like that) and she gives advice to people who email her. I actually love her advice, and the questions are sometimes CRAZY! The other week, I received an email and it was about all the advice for the whole year that she gave. She had wrote about some of the readers that emailed her about some of the advice that she gave, good and bad. There was one advice that she gave to a young man. He was really freaked out about his girlfriend not washing her bra everyday. So Prudence told him that it was completely normal for a woman to only wash her bra once a week. Well, a woman emailed Prudence and told her that was absolutely CRAZY that she told that young man that. That is was disgusting if a woman does not wash her bra everyday. She goes on to say that she was so freaked out about it that she even CALLED 94 women and not one of them said that they only wash their bra once a week.




So i'm totally freaked out because I don't wash my bras everyday. Especially in the winter when I dont sweat. Now, in the summer when its really gross and nasty outside, I make sure my bras are clean and not have my gross sweat on them. So, am I totally gross for this? Am I supposed to be washing my bras everyday. I just think washing your bras everyday can ruin them. I pay good money for my bras and dont want them to get messed up. I swap out my bras everyday, but just dont wash them everday. Can you even imagine having to hand-wash your bras every. single. night. thats just to much work for me. So i'm asking you, am I disgusting? Do I need to start washing my bras everynight. Or is that woman crazy? lol.

Let me know your opinions!!

8 comments:

  1. The woman is crazy. I was mine once a week and that is it. I won't take the time to wash it every single day. I have better things to do that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of like jeans. Most people don't wash their jeans every time they wear them. Like you said if they get dirty or sweaty sure I'm going to wash them. That would require a large investment in either bras or laundry detergent and a maid to do all that washing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i totally don't wash my jeans everyday. Because i FINALLY get them stretched out the way i want them. I dont want to have to shrink them again! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i definitely don't wash my bras every day. i'm too lazy to do it by hand every day, and laundry in my apartment building costs a fortune!! you're definitely not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nope never wash it daily. okay i just have to say i posted something i would NEVER talk about on my blog today and was worried it would be too weird but seeing you write about this has made my year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, she's crazy! There's no way I'd wash my bra everyday. I have a few and I swap them out frequently so I don't even wash them every week, just as needed. Of course it's more frequent in the summer time. But sheesh, those women must not have much of a life if they have time to wash them every day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I own two bras that actually fit me and are comfortable. I swap them out every week and the one I am not wearing gets washed. Just like my jeans. I may wear a pair of jeans for a couple of days because I am a stay at home mom and if I'm only at home during the day what's the use? (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wash once a week! Like you said, otherwise they would get ruined if you wash them everyday! That's silly!

    ReplyDelete