Friday, May 28, 2010

Alot of what's been going on!

Is anyone as excited as I am that today is Friday?! Maybe it's because i've had a crazy busy week at work and i'm ready for a break. Or maybe it's because my mom is coming down and my sister and bro-in-law are coming to my house and we are grilling for memorial day! Whoo! I'm so excited to be spending time with the fam! Wednesday we will be leaving for Illinois for my cousin's WEDDING! she has been playing for over a year now so it's going to be beautiful. We are going up 3 days before so we can help her get everything together and decorate :D. I'm a sucker for decorating for events, so i'm stoked! We are super close to my family in illinois so it's going to be great seeing them. We only get to see them maybe twice a year :(. I will be posting pics of the wedding when I get back! And if your wondering about the house and where the before and after pics are? Well, i've decided to wait til my bathroom and caden's rooms were done before I posted. Lance is almost finished painting caden's room, and the bathroom still has some work to do.

Also, did you know paint can rot? Yeah, me either. Until lance painted all four walls of Cadens room with rotten paint. He didnt realize it because he had a breather mask on so he couldnt smell the ROTTEN EGG smell until he took it off. He was also using a spray rig so he could tell. So then he had to go back over with another color paint. It's going to look good though. Have I also mentioned how much I love lance? He has such a kind heart. Yesterday I was pulling out of walmart and seen him at the hardwood store across the street. He was about to go in until he seen about 3 guys trying to push a car into the driveway of the hardwood store. They weren't going anywhere with it. Lance ran over there real quick and helped push it up the hill. They were super appreciative i'm sure. That made me smile :).

Have I also told you Caden learned how to ride a horse by himself? At the age of 3? Yes, he did! Lance's family is huge rodeo'ers (is that a word), and they have lots of horses (even though i'm terrified), and they gave caden a pony. A big pony at that, but it's an old pony, like 30 years old. She was very skinny so we had to fatten her up a bit. Anyways, we usually lead Caden around with the rope, but the other day, he told his Grandma Ann (Lance's step-mom) that "he wanted to ride all by himself". So she taught him! I'm not going to lie, i was scared to death! lol. We put him in a round pen and he was riding all by himself! He then got brave and wanted to walk the pony around "barrels". So, Ann also taught him how to do that, even though she knew he was going to fall off the horse. And, he did. The horse started trotting pretty fast and it scared him and he let go of the reigns and fell off. To me, it looked horrible so I took off after him. But Ann told me not to baby him or he wouldnt get back on. He cried so hard, and I felt so bad, but she made him get back on right then or he would never would get back on. It was so cute watching him ride though!
Here are some pictures and videos! **Forgive me, i'm not a good videographer! I also do not have speakers on my computer at work, so i'm not sure what all I say in these videos, you may hear me say "GOOD JOB!", alot!**




Grandma Ann teaching him how to steer the horse



About to start riding all by himself! Dont you love his hat?



And he's off! He looks like a little man!



Cheese!!



A happy little boy!




Love this picture!



* I'm not sure which video it is, but on one of them the horse starts trottinng
which freaks Caden out, so he yells WOAH!!, it's so funny! You have

to listen carefully though*






Did I also tell you my sister graduated college? Yep! With a bachelor in Psychology. She and her husband will be moving to Dallas for seminary. He will pursue a master's in Divinity, and she will get her master's in Psychology, so she will become a psychologist :D. So proud of them.
Her two best friends!
Mom and Megan


Dad, Megan, and Mom


David kissing his wifey!

David and Megan
Me, Megan, and Lance *He wanted to hold the diploma*

Sis and I!

Our grandparents

3 Generations!


*The second video would not upload, I will try another day*

I hope everyone has a great great memorial day weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment