Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Woman After God's Own Heart

In my sunday school class, the women decided to separate from the men and start our own little class and start reading this book:



Written by this woman:



I'm not a big book reader, unless it consists of drama. haha. I love reading Lurlene McDaniel books, but that's all i usually read. So I wasn't to sure about having to read a book for a class, since I hated doing it in high school.

We are in our third week, third chapter, and I absolutely LOVEEE it! I was nervous at first because there are a lot of chapter about how to deal with marriage, and i'm not married. But there is never a wrong time to learn about marriage. We are in the chapter about prayer. Something that I have issues in right now. I pray, but not enough. And not on everything I should pray about. Elizabeth George tells you her life experiences on prayer, and also how to get better in praying, what to pray for, when to pray, how to pray. It's helping me little by little, step by step to be a woman after God's own heart. I can't wait to get into the rest of this book. I would defiantly suggest this book to any woman. The men also are reading A Man After God's Own Heart, written by Elizabeth George's husband. They are not reading it out of class because we knew they wouldn't read it, so they are just doing it in the classroom, but so far they are really loving it to. I would suggest that book to any man to. Look for more updates on this book, i'm sure i'll be talking all about it as I get more into the book!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment